The more a private sector industry earn the more it turn its eyes away from its own employees.
While saying this i am excluding all of the "few" industries that has been established themselves as giant among industries & treating their employees accordingly like the Tatas, Aditya Birlas etc.
There we find an employee welfare department in almost every big companies.When i say BIG it certainly means the turnover of the companies are in multiple thousand crores & their net profit in a fiscal year must be multiple hundred crores unless there is a global or specific slowdown issues. In many places employee welfare is looked after by HR department of a company. But in most of the companies forget employee welfare even the basic facilities are like dreams.
If big industries are making joke of Indian laws you could imagine what must be going on in small or medium scale industries.
Now i shall discuss my concern about the salary of an employee which comprises of Basic,House Rent,Children Education, Special Allowances & the most importantly EPF & Insurance. Most of the private industries in India are NOT obeying the laws & the rest are taking the benefits of the faulty laws.Ofcourse money can buy everything which include corrupt government officials too.
Now lets discuss the matter broadly.
1) Industries give 12% of the Basic of Salary(upto Rs.6500) as EPF. If basic exceed Rs.6500 it depends on the industry if he has to provide EPF accordingly or the same for all as Rs.780 (12% of 6500).
2) Salary hike isn't directly proportional to economic growth of an industry.And we know Salary hike is purely a company management decision.But let alone salary hike minimum wage laws has been a joke for employees working in industries.e.g. for manpower like technicians,labourers industries generally depend on manpower supply contractor.Contractual workers have to work 12 hours a day through out the year on NO WORK NO PAY basis with NO weekly off for them.No holidays; whether it is august 15 or january 26 they have to work.Even more they are getting paid for 3 hours of overtime instead of 4.
3) Most of the manufacturing industries aren't providing insurance to their employees nor there is any safety at work. whether you are an engineer or a technician or a helper if you die while at work industry won't give you a penny until and unless a mass crowd lie down your corpse infront of a top official and ask violently for money/job for the family of the deceased.
4) Safety measure at work in most of the manufacturing industries whether at project or production stage are a white lie.Surprisingly they still able to get any ISO standard they want thanks to corrupt babu in government offices.One can find house keeping workers cleaning hazadous dust in any industry without wearing a safety helmet or shoes.Reason::-Arrogant top management dont force contractors for that as they dont want to lose undertable commision from the contractor.Who care if the poor helper dies out of an unknown disease.
5) Our honourable Supreme Court has already said that illegal Bangladeshi migrants are threat to national security.Still private industries are engaging them as contractual helpers due to their low wages.Profit is more important to national security.The bengali speaking muslim bangladeshi teen aged workers clearly can be distinguished from Indian bengalis due to their speaking accent.Interestingly some of them with mixed hindu muslim names.Also instead of them local employments could be encouraged.
"LETS HOPE BUSINESS FRIENDLY MODI GOVERNMENT WONT COMPROMISE LIKE PREVIOUS GOVERNMENTS AND REFORM LABOR LAWS."